The Savoy sustainable initiatives and energy-saving measures work to support and enhance the hotel’s luxurious ambiance; never compromising our guest’s experience.
Building on the guidelines of ACCOR’s Agenda 21, the environmental action plan signed at the Rio Earth Summit in 1992, Planet 21 challenges all of us—from guests to hotel colleagues to property developers—to think creatively about the ways our actions affect not just the environment, but the people and places that we call home. It also challenges us to put these thoughts into concrete actions that help our communities and our planet . At The Savoy:
- Guests can find in their rooms energy-efficient light bulbs and smart motion detectors that monitor changes in the lighting and air-conditioning.
- To reduce our water usage, guests can opt to decline daily cleaning of sheets and linens.
- Our chefs work with sustainable suppliers for fresh, locally-sourced and seasonal produce, using herbs from our herb garden and any food waste is recycled to renewable energy.
- Kaspar’s at The Savoy has a special 3 star Sustainable Restaurant Association rating and table water is served in custom designed bottles, straight from our onsite table-water
- Extensive waste recycling and reuse initiatives help to divert waste away from landfill.
- Energy and water consumption is measured and analysed regularly to avoid discrepancies.
- We are proud of our work in the local community and support a number of charities including Thames21, a conservation charity, involving River Thames foreshore clean-up days.
- A Savoy bee hotel was gifted to Canada House in Trafalgar Square, attracting vital pollinator bees.
- Even our natural corks are recycled by a local school to craft items that in turn are sold to raise charitable funds.
At corporate level, we’re striving to increase our colleague diversity, particularly among executives, to better reflect the world we live in. And we’re dedicating ourselves to becoming even better members of our community, with our WATCH program to ensure that child abuse does not occur at our properties, and initiatives that will see us donating more of our unused food products and amenities, building long-lasting partnerships with local non-profit organizations, beginning new fundraising ventures and more.
An award-winning sustainable hotel
The Savoy is a member of the Considerate Hoteliers Association, holds a Gold Award with Green Tourism for London and has received numerous prestigious environmental awards.